8 Essential Products for Maximizing Physical Transformation
If it is your desire to make significant (and long-term progress) with your physique you must begin by putting in place an effective/efficient workout program that is geared specifically toward your personal needs, goals, strengths, weaknesses, time constraints, available equipment, lifestyle and recuperative abilities. Next, you must focus your attention on fueling and feeding your muscles with the proper foods/nutrients every single day. It is absolutely vital that your intense training sessions are adequately supported by the highest quality proteins, carbs and fats for optimally fostering recovery, repair, and growth. Once these two foundational elements are firmly in place it is then time to set up a meticulously designed and scientifically (as well as “in the trenches”) proven supplement protocol that will round out your regimen, providing for you that final “edge” that pushes your progress from adequate to extraordinary. With that in mind, let’s take a look at 8 of the very best integrated formulations available for building muscle, incinerating body fat, enhancing performance and igniting skin-bursting pumps!
1. Multi-vitamin/mineral: This should be utilized to make sure that you are meeting all of your micronutrient needs. As we all know (or should), cooking methods and the quality of the foods we eat often compromise the total vitamin and mineral content. Intense training, stress, and environmental factors cause a lot of free radical damage, which can compromise the health of your heart, internal organs, joints, CNS (central nervous system), and muscles, which means most basic multi-vitamins are not adequate for athletes. Make sure you seek out a scientifically designed formula that works as hard as you do!
My Recommendation: Take one full packet of VITASTACK along with breakfast each day.
2. Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs): EFAs are essential for overall health, proper hormonal production (including testosterone), fat burning, mood, insulin sensitivity, skin, hair, and brain function (learning and memory). Additionally, EFAs improve the elasticity of arterial walls and reduce the harmful effects of plasma triglycerides. This is a supplement that should not be ignored by any health conscious person.
My Recommendation: Take one ALLMAX OMEGA-3 softgel with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3. Creatine: Creatine increases creatine phosphate in muscle cells, hastening ATP resynthesis, allowing for greater strength and power while training. Creatine also helps volumize muscle cells, which creates a more efficient anabolic (muscle building) state. It has also been shown to reduce levels of “myostatin,” a myokine protein that actually interferes with muscle hypertrophy.
My Recommendation: For the first five days take 3 servings per day of ALLMAX CREATINE MONOHYDRATE – morning, afternoon and evening. Then take one serving post workout on training days and one serving with first meal on off days.
4. Beta Alanine: Beta Alanine combines with histidine to increase muscle carnosine levels, which has been shown to dramatically improve endurance, delay neuromuscular fatigue, and raise the anabolic threshold by buffering muscle acidity. Additionally, Beta Alanine helps to generate great levels of nitric oxide so that your muscle pumps come faster and last longer.
My Recommendation: Take 3.2 grams of ALLMAX BETA ALANINE in water upon awakening and another 3.2 grams 15-30 minutes before a workout. (Note: Some trainees prefer to split their Beta Alanine into four daily doses of 1.6 grams, while others find that a single 6.4 gram dose before training works best).
5. L-Leucine: More and more clinical research is pointing to the fact that leucine is the most anabolic and anticatabolic of the branched-chain amino acids, acting primarily through the mTOR pathway. Leucine greatly increases protein synthesis (independent of insulin), decreases protein degradation, stabilizes blood sugar (in a calorie restricted state) and has even shown powerful fat loss properties through increased expression of uncoupling protein 3 (UCP3).
My Recommendation: Take one serving of AMINOCORE upon rising, and sip on 1-2 servings all throughout an intense training session. Post workout, take 5 grams of ALLMAX 100% Pure Micronized LEUCINE along with water, juice or a protein shake.
6. L-Glutamine: This conditionally essential amino acid is one of the most abundant in the body. It helps to ignite the release of natural growth hormones, enhances nitrogen retention, staves off muscle wasting, increases the number of “Heat Shock Proteins,” and provides a powerful boost to the immune system (perhaps its most important effect).
My Recommendation: Take 5 grams of ALLMAX 100% Pure Micronized GLUTAMINE upon awakening, 30 minutes before training, and just before retiring at night.
7. Fat Burners/Stimulants/Metabolism Boosters: Utilized intelligently (without abusing them – too high a dose, and/or too often) “stims” like caffeine, yohimbe, cayenne, guarana, and others are great for a quick energy boost when feeling lethargic, as well as greatly enhancing performance on the field and in the gym. When combined with other research proven compounds such as olive powder, green coffee extract, ashwagandha, and N-methyl-tyramine, a powerful synergy occurs that forces all of the body’s fat burning machinery into action.
My Recommendation: Take one capsule of RAPIDCUTS SHREDDED upon awakening (Note: works very well before fasted cardio) and another in the early afternoon (preferably before your weight training workout). Do not exceed 2 capsules in a 24 hour period. Best results occur when cycled in an 8 weeks on and 4-6 weeks off manner.)
8. Nitric Oxide (NO2) Enhancers: Compounds such as arginine, citrulline malate, glycerol, rutaecarpine and L-norvaline are capable of enhancing vasodilation, increasing blood flow, and hydrating muscle cells, all of which result in an improved pump and greater cell volume. Not only does a highly pumped-up muscle feel amazing, but the increased blood flow assists in shuttling more nutrients, oxygen and hormones to muscle cells, which signals (turns on) specific anabolic pathways that lead to more rapid hypertrophy/growth.
My Recommendation: Take one serving of HVOL about 20-30 minutes before a workout. An additional serving can be added to your water bottle and sipped on throughout your training session.
As I mentioned earlier, while a carefully designed training and nutrition/diet regimen must form the foundation of any successful physique transformation program, an intelligent supplementation program will not only greatly hasten overall progress, but also allow one to create results greater than what can be accomplished with training and diet alone! In other words, the right supplements can undoubtedly push you closer toward reaching your absolute genetic potential.